Information regarding electronic payment
All electronic payments will be handled by a highly reputable third party called Stripe.
Brake Conference Ltd takes the security of your information seriously and we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. Brake Conference Ltd cannot accept responsibility for the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and therefore the risk of breaches of security is yours to take.
Anyone involved with the processing, transmission, or storage of card data must comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). Stripe has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
If you need further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before using online payment method. Stripe make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, if you do not want to pay online, you have the option of paying by bank transfer.
As a process of payments transaction and provider of related services, Stripe may collect, use and disclose Personal Data. The collection and use of Personal Data is critical in helping Stripe to ensure that the platform and services are safe, secure and compliant. In the context of fraud monitoring, prevention and detection services, Stripe may monitor insights and patterns of payment transaction and other online signals to reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering and other harmful activity.
Personal Data is any information that related to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites will be apparent from the content in which you provide the data. In particular:
- When you register online Stripe collects attendee names and email addresses
- When you use the “Remember Me” feature of payment, Stripe collect your email address, payment card number, CVC code and expiration date
Service data, such as IP address, device type, operating suites and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the sites you are visiting
Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our sites.
Stripe may also collect information about your online activities on Websites and connected devices over time and across third-party Website, devices, apps and other online features and services.
How Stripe uses Personal Data
Stripe relies upon a number of legal grounds to ensure that your Personal Data is compliant with applicable law. Your Personal Data is used to facilitate the business relationships, to comply with financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue legitimate business interests. Your Personal Data is also used to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services.
How Stripe Discloses Personal Data
Stripe does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. Stripe shares your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- Stripe shares your Personal Data with other Stripe entities in order to provide their Services and for internal administration purpose.
- Stripe shares Personal Data with a limited number of service providers such as identity verification services, Website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. Stripe authorises such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform service on Stripe’s behalf or comply with legal requirements. Stripe requires such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Stripe’s service providers are predominantly located int eh European and the United States of America.
- Stripe shares personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary. Examples of third parties to whom they may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are branks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when Stripe provides payment processing services.
- Stripe shares Personal Data as they believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce Stripe’s contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Stripe; (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside our country to residence.
- In the even that Stripe enters into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of their business, such as a reorganisation, merger, sale joint venture, assignment, transfer, chance of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets of stock, Stripe may share Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction.
- Stripe shares Personal Data as Stripe believes necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Stripe, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
Your rights and choices. You can choose to opt out of receiving electronic communication from Stripe and Brake Conference Ltd. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link or email email@example.com with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line. Stripe will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, Stripe and Brake Conference Ltd may still send you important administrative messages that are required for your event registration if you have paid to attend.
International data transfers
Brake Conference Ltd will not handle financial information from electronic payments, and will not be liable for any security breaches arising through dealings between You and Stripe. If you do not wish to make an electronic payment, then you have the option of paying through bank transfer. Any financial information passed onto Brake Conference Ltd in the process of such payments will be destroyed as soon as payment has been taken.
Other important information links